Dunnerdale is a classic short race round the tiny but rugged fells between the Lickle and the Duddon valleys. The scenery is superb, the course is tough and varied and there’s a very nice pub at the finish.
Registration is in Broughton Mills village hall (SD222906). The race starts just outside the pub at 12 noon. Full kit is always required.
If the fields are wet then we can only park on the side of the Broughton Mills road. Please arrive early, follow marshals’ instructions and tuck well in. The tractors don’t slow down.
- Date & time: Sat 12th Nov 2022 at 12:00
- Country: England
- Region: Lake District
- Category: AS
- Distance: 8 km / 5 miles
- Climb: 550 m / 1804 ft
- Venue: Blacksmiths Arms, Broughton Mills.
- Grid reference: 223905
- Skills: ER, PM, LK, NS
- Minimum age: 17
- Fee: FRA Member: £10, Non-Member: £12
- Entry on day: No
- Pre-entry: Sientries
Full FRA kit required: waterproof jacket and bottoms with hood and taped seams, hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle.
- Race Organiser: Nick Sebley
- Telephone: 01229 715021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teams allowed: Yes, of 3.
- Male record: K. Anderson – 00:35:51 – 1991
- Female record: J. Kenyon – 00:43:09 – 1993
- Junior races: No
- Permit / Insurance: Yes
- This race has a Permit and associated UK Athletics insurance from the FRA.
- No dogs on course. No parking below Blacksmiths Arms for your safety.
- Start SD 2213 9054
- The Knott SD 2233 9195
- Raven Crag SD 223 929
- Stickle Pike SD 2111 9281
- Great Stickle SD 211 915
- Finish SD 2218 9055